THE BAT MITZVAH FAQ...all your answers, and then some.
- What is a B'not Mitzvah? When two young women are sharing their Bat Mitzvah experiences it is called a B'not Mitzvah. The ritual marks the coming of age for women in Judaism. It is a time of great joy where girls are called to read from the torah in the ancient tradition.
- What is Tikkun Olam? It is a project of good deeds done by the Bat Mitzvah to help the community or to heal the world.
- What is the morning attire? Our synagogue is casual but folks dress nicely. Most men do not wear jackets and ties although it is OK to do so.
- How do I dress for dinner and dancing at OMSI? Ladies, wear your summer party dress and prepare to get down. Men can wear pants and a sharp shirt.
- What's the best way to get around Portland? Use Uber, hire a taxi at Radio Cab, or check out the city center Tri-met map. Schedules are here.
- Where is Havurah Shalom and how is the parking? Our synagogue is at 825 NW 18th Ave and parking is tough. Out of towners should consider taking a cab.
- Where is OMSI and how is the parking? OMSI is located at 1945 SE Water Ave and there's a huge parking lot.